- Gather list of upcoming 3rd graders.
- Write/edit a letter to parents of children to help create excitement for 3rd Grade Bible Sunday.
- Take RSVP's for children and sponsors who will join us in the 3rd Grade Bible Sunday Program and Luncheon.
- Help plan our luncheon after service and coordinate meet-up of sponsors and children.
- Help at a table in the atrium on Sundays in the month of August to take sponsorships and gifts from the congregation.
- Prepare Bibles by inserting pastors placard, writing names, sponsors, and date in Bible.
- Organize Bibles into two separate carts for the big day: Modern Service and Traditional Service.
- Create numbered name tags to help children line up on 3rd Bible Sunday.
- Print and cut bookmarks with pastor's favorite verses.
3rd Grade Bible Sunday
- Get Bibles to each alter at about 8am for the 11am Modern and Traditional Service.
- Help set up luncheon.
- Line children up in the 11am Modern and Traditional Services.
- Assist pastors as needed in both services.
- MC 3rd Grade Bible Luncheon.
- Help sponsors and children who are able to attend find each other at luncheon.
- Clean up luncheon space.
Passion for working with children and their parents (family ministry).
Complete Child/Youth Safety training through Safe Gatherings.
This can be a two month commitment for a volunteer (August-September) on Sundays and from home, OR a one day commitment on 3rd Grade Bible Sunday (4th Sunday of September).